Insect Classifieds Rules & Guidelines
By posting your classified ad here, you agree that it is in compliance with our rules & guidelines. We do not wish to censor or police the ads being posted here, nor do we have the time to monitor every posting, but in order to prevent abuses by a few people and to keep this forum comfortable and appropriate for our general audience, which includes people of all ages, races, religions, and nationalities, we reserve the right to remove any ads in violation of our guidelines that are brought to our attention. Therefore, all ads that are in violation of our guidelines are subject to being removed immediately and without prior notice. By posting an ad here, you agree to the following statement:
I agree that I will be solely responsible for the content of all classified ads that I post under this program and that I will indemnify the InsectNet.com and hold it harmless for any losses or damages to myself or to others that may result directly or indirectly from any ads that I post here.
By posting an ad here, you further agree to the following guidelines:
- Each user is allowed to post a maximum of 10 ads per day.
- Each user is allowed a maximum of 50 current ads.
- Ads that redirect viewers to eBay are allowed, but they must use the header 'EBAY' in the Caption Header field so that viewers can more efficiently find the type of ad that they are looking for. Ads that point to other auctions besides eBay must use the caption header 'OTHER AUCTIONS'.
- You must submit your shipping location in the City, State/Province, and Country fields of your ads. This is important because buyers need to plan for any customs regulation that may be required.
- MAXIMUM LENGTH OF URLs posted in the 'Description' field of your ad: 70 characters. Unbroken character strings over 70 characters, such as URLs for auctions, posted within your ad message distort the default page format of the Classifieds. If your URL is too long your ad may be deleted. The best way to direct readers to your auction is to ask them to go to the auction site and search on the Item Number. This also applies to lists of species separated by commas but have no space in front of the comma. Ads such as these, with unbroken character strings longer than 70 characters may be deleted.
- No ad promoting activities that would be illegal under the laws of this State or Province, this Country, or of the state or country of domicile of the person posting the ad shall be allowed.
- No ad for trading in 'CITES Appendix 1' species is allowed.
- No off-topic ads, that is, ads that have nothing to do whatsoever with entomology, biology, or natural history.
- No foul or otherwise inappropriate language will be tolerated. Ads in violation of this rule are subject to being removed immediately and without warning.
- No racist, hateful, or otherwise offensive comments will be tolerated.
- Any ad that appears to be merely a test posting, a joke, or otherwise insincere or non-serious is subject to removal.
- The InsectNet.com reserves the ultimate discretion as to which ads, if any, are in violation of these guidelines. Thank you. We hope that these guidelines will make the The Insect Classifieds more enjoyable for everyone.
Return to The Insect Classifieds